Backing up your cPanel account is an act of preventing data loss. This procedure allows you to obtain a copy of the website in case of any problem with it, such as accidentally deleting files, check out how to perform a full backup.
Before starting your backup, pay attention to the minimum requirements:
- Has access to cPanel account
- Have storage space up to 50% of the plan
In your cPanel in the search bar type for backup and click on the service icon:
On the new screen, in full backup, click Generate full backup .
Then fill in the data as indicated:
- Backup destination: keep the Home directory option
- E-mail address: To be notified of the completion of the backup, check this option and enter an e-mail
- Do not send email notification of backup completion: to not be notified of the backup completion, check this option
To finish, click on Generate backup
Wait while the backup is being generated.
After the backup is complete, a file with the account content will be generated and will be available for download via a link
- To download the file to your local machine, click on the link .
Attention: The restoration of a full backup must be requested through a Ticket from the Client’s Area .